Is the air in your workplace making you sick? Radon gas can be found in any building — in both private homes and in workplaces. And high levels of radon are the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers and the second-leading cause of lung cancer overall. The only way to know if your building has high levels is to test for it (you won’t be able to see it, smell it, or taste it).
Enter the Radon Workplace Challenge! By joining this program (funded by Health Canada), you’ll gain access to tools, resources, and support to help spread awareness of this potent health hazard among your friends, family, and colleagues. Each year of the program, the first 200 workplaces to register will receive TWO FREE test kits — one to test your workplace, and the other to test an employee’s home!
As a registered workplace, you’ll also gain access to our Toolkit, which will allow you to:
- Host a Lunch and Learn webinar on radon health concerns, testing, and mitigation strategies with a Radon Workplace Challenge representative.
- Share vital messages about radon with your colleagues via customizable handouts, emails, newsletters, blog posts, and social media messages.
- Encourage other workplace networks (or other sites within your company) to learn more about radon and register for the Radon Workplace Challenge.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion once you test your workplace—just submit your lab results to info [at] radonworkplacechallenge [dot] com.
In addition, the first 200 workplaces to register will receive TWO FREE RADON TEST KITS — one to test the workplace, and one to provide to an employee to bring home! Sign up quickly and while supplies last to take advantage of this fantastic offer.
There is ZERO cost to participate! Materials are provided for FREE to all participating workplaces.
Testing for radon is easy. Here are your options:
1. Purchase a do-it-yourself long-term radon test kit from RadonWorkplaceChallenge.ca and enjoy a special discount! This is the most direct and straightforward method to start testing your home. Buying with the Challenge means you’ll enjoy $5 off your test kit, and you’ll also be entered to win one of ten $50 Canadian Tire gift cards! All test kits are sent with pre-paid shipping labels so that you can return the test kit easily once it’s taken a reading of your home.
2. Hire a Canadian National Radon Proficiency Program (C-NRPP) certified radon measurement professional in your area to set up a test kit for you.
Your team deserves to work in a safe and healthy environment. We challenge you to join the Radon Workplace Challenge to educate your staff, test for radon at work, and reduce the risk of a potentially deadly hazard. It just might save a life!
For more information on the Radon Workplace Challenge, please contact [email protected]. For more information on radon, you can also contact Health Canada at [email protected] or visit Canada.ca/radon. To learn more about Scout Environmental, visit ScoutEnvironmental.com.