Scout Environmental is seeking two experienced candidates who are talented, business savvy, passionate about environmental health and protection, and simply fantastic to work with. Specifically, we’re looking for a Corporate Sustainability Manager to manage a large national retail client and a Sales Manager to generate quality leads and sales.
Sales Manager (Full-Time)
Scout Environmental is hiring a Sales Manager to refine service offerings and grow market presence in Canada, in our efforts to support retailers and Product Stewards with their environmental objectives. The primary goal of the role will be lead generation and bringing key decision makers along the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate will have good business insight, strong interpersonal skills, and a tenacious character.
- Conduct an extensive Canadian market analysis, update annually;
- Curate lists of relevant decision makers by industry and offering;
- Develop relationships with key decision makers;
- Develop pitch decks, proposals, and sales approach by potential client and offering;
- Manage decision makers throughout the sale cycle, from prospecting to follow-up/close;
- Track sales pipeline in a CRM system and manage relevant metrics;
- Work and report up to Scout stakeholders on progress.
- University degree from an accredited institution;
- Experience in a B2B sales, commercial, or telemarketing environment;
- Driven and entrepreneurial attitude;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Enjoys picking up the phone and striking up conversations;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong research skills;
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organization skills;
- Ability to shift approaches depending on customer needs and engagement.
How to apply Please do not apply through LinkedIn. Submit your RESUME and COVER LETTER to [email protected] with the subject line “SCOUT Manager, Sales.”
Who we are Scout Environmental is an award-winning organization that engages the public, guides industry, and equips communities to make better choices—for their health, and the environment. For nearly two decades, Scout has designed and delivered national campaigns, guided leading corporations, and helped public and private partners see beyond sustainability. Check us out at: http://scoutenvironmental.com/
Our partner organization, Greenstreets Environmental Resources, is a specialist consulting firm set up to help companies manage their Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Waste Obligations and Reporting globally, focusing on Packaging, Electronic, Textile and Battery Waste.
Corporate Sustainability Manager (Full-Time)
We are seeking an experienced sustainability professional to provide client relationship management and broad project delivery to our retail clients.
Reporting to the President of Scout, you will be responsible for managing a large national retail account. Working collaboratively with key business stakeholders, you will provide the business case for sustainability and lead the development and implementation of corporate sustainability initiatives. Employee engagement and waste reduction initiatives will feature heavily, with supporting work for energy management and compliance.
This job requires leading meetings and presentations, planning events, researching, building case studies and ROIs, keeping stakeholders accountable, and strategic planning. It requires travel to Mississauga 2-3 times a week and to Leaside 1-2 times a week.
We are searching for an individual who is organized, has good attention to detail, is strategically minded, works independently and is friendly and down to earth.
Support Home Office, Distribution Centres, and Stores as they participate in the company’s environmental program.
- Develop annual Sustainability Objectives and metrics.
- Provide research and ROI information to integrate sustainability initiatives within existing business operations model.
- Develop frameworks to support initiatives designed to impact product stewardship, packaging, employee engagement, energy conservation, waste reduction, transportation, etc.
- Run green team meetings.
- Recruit and orient new green team members.
- Celebrate successes of green team efforts and keep stakeholders accountable.
- Support the professional development efforts of green team members.
- Support development of monthly educational newsletters and promotional material.
- Experiment with different engagement mediums (digital, print, video, etc.).
- Plan and run corporate sustainability related events.
- Identify opportunities to reduce or divert waste.
- Develop business case and collaborate with stakeholders to move initiative forward.
- Manage project, including getting buy-in from stakeholders, partner management, communication and training, managing timelines, and measuring corporate sustainability success.
- Manage annual Carbon Disclosure Project data collection effort.
- Support annual EPR Reporting Audits.
- Manage energy incentive applications.
- University degree, preferably at post-graduate level.
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability, or Corporate retail role (such as buying, merchandising, or planning).
- Has in-depth knowledge of the environmental issues facing our world today, and what solutions are available to solve them.
- Experience with communication and events.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically excel (eg., vlookups, pivot tables, filtering, etc.).
- Ability to travel to Mississauga 3x week and Leaside 2x week.
- Very organized, and able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strategically minded.
- Highly independent problem solver.
- Friendly and down to earth personality.
- Demonstrates a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Has a passion to help individuals, companies, and communities reduce their environmental impacts.
- Photography, videography, and graphic design skills would be welcome, including proficiency with graphic design tools (such as Adobe or Piktochart) and movie development tools (such as Biteable, Final Cut Pro, or iMovie).
Who We Are
Scout Environmental is an award-winning organization that engages the public, guides industry, and equips communities to make better choices—for their health, and the environment. For nearly two decades, Scout has designed and delivered national campaigns, guided leading corporations, and helped public and private partners see beyond sustainability.
Job Contact Information:
For more information and/or to express interest, please send your RESUME and a COVER LETTER letter to [email protected] with the subject line, “SCOUT MANAGER, Corporate Sustainability.”
Scout Environmental welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Scout Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.